If your nose runs due to sinusitis or sinus infection caused by some bacteria, virus or fungi, onion can come to your help. Onion contains sulfur which has strong antibacterial properties. Because of this sulfur you may always cry when you cut onions. It helps in loosening up the mucus and expel the fluid easily so that you get rid of runny nose. Just smelling a piece of onion can cure mild sinus infection. However, you can prepare a tea that you can have while inhaling the steam.
1. Onions- 1-2
2. Water- 1-2 cups
1. Cut the onion in thin slices.
2. Boil the water in a pot.
3. Add slices of onion to the boiling water.
4. Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
5. Take the hot liquid in a cup.
6. Inhale the steam for a couple of minutes.
7. Drink the onion tea while still inhaling its steam.